14/03/2008

Morning

I've got to tell you how I love you always
I think of it on grey mornings
with death in my mouth
the tea is never hot enough then
and the cigarette dry
the maroon robe chills me
I need you
and look out the window
at the noiseless snow

At night on the dock
the buses glow like clouds
and I am lonely thinking of flutes

I miss you always when I go to the beach
the sand is wet with tears that seem mine
although I never weep

and hold you in my heart with a very real humor
you'd be proud of

the parking lot is crowded
and I stand rattling my keys
the car is empty as a bicycle

what are you doing now?
where did you eat your lunch and were there lots of anchovies in it?

is difficult to think of you without me in the sentence
you depress me when you are alone

Last night the stars were numerous
and today snow is their calling card
I'll not be cordial

there is nothing that distracts me
music is only a crossword puzzle
do you know how it is
when you are the only passenger
if there is a place further from me
I beg you do not go


Frank O'Hara

1 comentário:

Johnny disse...

Com coisas assim, tudo o que possamos escrever aqui parecerá inferior.

E daí...
Vai-se a ver...
Se calhar...
Às tantas...